Matt Marrese of Bellevue and Marianne Li of Bellevue won the Pacific Northwest Junior PGA Championship 16-18 divisions at Lake Spanaway Golf Course in Tacoma on Sunday.
By winning the boys’ and girls’ divisions respectively, Marrese and Li qualified for the 39th Junior PGA Championship, July 29-Aug. 1 at Miramont Country Club in College Station, Texas.
Marrese, 17, posted a final-round 69 for a two-day total of 139 and a one-stroke victory over John Sand of Hoquiam. Two-time defending champion Frank Garber of Kirkland tied for third with Brian Humphreys of Washougal at 3-under 141.
Li had a final-round 72 for a two-day total of 142 and a one-stroke victory over Olivia Benzin of Tacoma.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
From sports-information reports.