Matt Marrese of Bellevue and Marianne Li of Bellevue won the Pacific Northwest Junior PGA Championship 16-18 divisions at Lake Spanaway Golf Course in Tacoma on Sunday.
By winning the boys’ and girls’ divisions respectively, Marrese and Li qualified for the 39th Junior PGA Championship, July 29-Aug. 1 at Miramont Country Club in College Station, Texas.
Marrese, 17, posted a final-round 69 for a two-day total of 139 and a one-stroke victory over John Sand of Hoquiam. Two-time defending champion Frank Garber of Kirkland tied for third with Brian Humphreys of Washougal at 3-under 141.
Li had a final-round 72 for a two-day total of 142 and a one-stroke victory over Olivia Benzin of Tacoma.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Seahawks’ Coleman going 60, didn’t brake before crash, police say
Most Read Stories
From sports-information reports.