Kenmore Air has signed on as the presenting sponsor of the Snoqualmie Showdown, a unique charity event featuring a foursome of Seattle stars who will battle for bragging rights and to raise funds for local charities.
The two-man, alternate-shot competition will serve as the countdown event to the Boeing Classic and will feature Sports Radio 950 KJR’s morning host Mitch Levy, teamed with Rick Neuheisel, the Huskies’ football coach from 1999-2003, taking on Seattle native Fred Couples, a World Golf Hall of Famer, partnering with former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
The teams will compete in the alternate-shot format at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge on Monday at 2 p.m. Tickets are limited to the first 500 spectators who purchase a $100 pass at BoeingClassic.com.
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license
Most Read Stories
• Michael Haack of Bellevue and Ben Garrett of Seattle both shot rounds of 1-over 71 to earn co-medalist honors at the qualifier at Aldarra Golf Club in Sammamish for the U.S. Mid-Amateur Championship at Saucon Valley Country Club in Bethlehem, Pa., from Sept. 6-11.
The other qualifiers from this site are Kevin Beavers of Seattle, and Marc Chandonnet of Maple Valley.
From sports-information reports.