Heading into the final round, Jordan Ferreira of University Place leads the Washington State Women’s Amateur at Port Ludlow Golf Course by five strokes after posting a 71 on Wednesday.
Christina Proteau of Port Alberni, B.C. and Alivia Brown of Gig Harbor join Ferreira in the final group — both are five strokes back.
• At the USRowing National Championships on Mercer Lake in West Windsor, N.J., Seattle’s Lindsay Meyer posted the fastest first-race time in the women’s single sculls and then won the women’s double sculls event with Nicole Ritchie. Meyer’s time of 7:36.447 advanced her in singles.
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
• Joe Ross has been named assistant baseball coach at Washington State. He worked the past five years as a scout for the Mariners.
• The Seattle Thunderbirds and Everett Silvertips announced their 2014-15 Western Hockey League schedules. Seattle opens on the road against Portland on Sept. 19. The T-birds’ home opener is Sept. 20, against Everett. The Silvertips’ home opener is Oct. 3 against Kelowna.
From sports-information reports.