Heading into the final round, Jordan Ferreira of University Place leads the Washington State Women’s Amateur at Port Ludlow Golf Course by five strokes after posting a 71 on Wednesday.
Christina Proteau of Port Alberni, B.C. and Alivia Brown of Gig Harbor join Ferreira in the final group — both are five strokes back.
• At the USRowing National Championships on Mercer Lake in West Windsor, N.J., Seattle’s Lindsay Meyer posted the fastest first-race time in the women’s single sculls and then won the women’s double sculls event with Nicole Ritchie. Meyer’s time of 7:36.447 advanced her in singles.
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
- Costco purchases land in southeast Redmond for long-delayed project
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
Most Read Stories
• Joe Ross has been named assistant baseball coach at Washington State. He worked the past five years as a scout for the Mariners.
• The Seattle Thunderbirds and Everett Silvertips announced their 2014-15 Western Hockey League schedules. Seattle opens on the road against Portland on Sept. 19. The T-birds’ home opener is Sept. 20, against Everett. The Silvertips’ home opener is Oct. 3 against Kelowna.
From sports-information reports.