Former Mariners pitcher Erik Hanson shot a 3-under-par 67 at Jefferson Park Golf Course on Monday for a one-stroke lead after 18 holes in the 79th Seattle Amateur.
Twelve players in the field of 142 shot even-par or better, with six shooting 68 to trail by one stroke.
The three-day tournament moves to Jackson Park GC Tuesday, with the low 54 players advancing to West Seattle GC for Wednesday’s final round.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- McMenamins Anderson School opens Thursday in Bothell
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
Most Read Stories
• Andrew Yun, a graduating senior from Stanford, shot a 5-under 67 in the morning and 1-under 71 in the afternoon for a one-stroke lead at the midway point of the 20th Sahalee Players Championship at Sahalee Country Club in Sammamish. Jack Perry of Santa Barbara, Calif., is alone in second. The 72-hole, stroke-play event concludes Wednesday.
• A field of 60 will compete in a qualifying tournament Tuesday at Suncadia Resort in Cle Elum for six spots in next month’s U.S. Women’s Amateur. Among the competitors are Tukwila’s Mallory Kent, who last week won the Washington State Women’s Amateur, and Spokane’s Chessey Thomas, the 2012 PNGA Women’s champ.
• A pretrial hearing took place in Seattle Municipal Court involving DUI charges against Washington tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins, with another hearing set for July 15. Seferian-Jenkins is suspended from team activities while the case is resolved. He was arrested March 9 and subsequently charged with drunken driving.
From sports-information reports.