Dustin Johnson shot a 5-under-par 68 for a four-stroke victory over defending champion Steve Stricker in the Tournament of Champions, the first event of the PGA Tour season.
KAPALUA, Hawaii — Dustin Johnson shot a 5-under-par 68 Tuesday for a four-stroke victory in the Tournament of Champions, the first event of the PGA Tour season.
Johnson finished at 16-under 203 for 54 holes in the winners-only tournament that had three days of play wiped out by powerful wind gusts at Kapalua. Johnson was in front of second-place Steve Stricker by three strokes after Monday’s 36-hole session.
Defending champion Stricker (69) finished second.
Johnson, 28, earned $1.14 million. He has won at least one Tour event for six straight seasons and has seven victories in his career.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Seahawks’ Coleman going 60, didn’t brake before crash, police say
Most Read Stories
Ryan Moore (76) of Puyallup tied for 28th place at 6 over, and Kyle Stanley (72) of Gig Harbor was last in the field of 30 at 11 over.
• Ex-Tour player Notah Begay III, 40, will be a full-time member of the broadcast team for NBC Sports and Golf Channel.
• The Jumeirah Group, a luxury-hotel company based in the United Arab Emirates, is not renewing its five-year sponsorship deal with top-ranked Rory McIlroy amid expectations the 23-year-old Northern Ireland superstar will sign with Nike soon.