BANDON, Ore. — Washington State Amateur champion Cameron Peck advanced to the quarterfinals of the Pacific Northwest Men’s Amateur Championship at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort on Tuesday.
Peck, who just finished his collegiate career at Texas A&M, earned a victory over 16-year-old Dylan Wu on the 20th hole.
Also advancing were UW sophomore Kyle Bowser, Carl Jonson of Bainbridge Island, Sulman Raza, Oregon Open champion Hans Reimers, Riley Hayfield of Kennewick, Justin Keiley and Alex Chiarella.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories
• Gonzaga coach Mark Few didn’t have to look far to find a replacement for departed assistant coach Ray Giacoletti, tabbing assistant director of operations Brian Michaelson to move into the role of assistant coach. Giacoletti accepted the head coaching position at Drake this spring.
Compiled from sports-information reports.