BANDON, Ore. — Washington State Amateur champion Cameron Peck advanced to the quarterfinals of the Pacific Northwest Men’s Amateur Championship at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort on Tuesday.
Peck, who just finished his collegiate career at Texas A&M, earned a victory over 16-year-old Dylan Wu on the 20th hole.
Also advancing were UW sophomore Kyle Bowser, Carl Jonson of Bainbridge Island, Sulman Raza, Oregon Open champion Hans Reimers, Riley Hayfield of Kennewick, Justin Keiley and Alex Chiarella.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?
Most Read Stories
• Gonzaga coach Mark Few didn’t have to look far to find a replacement for departed assistant coach Ray Giacoletti, tabbing assistant director of operations Brian Michaelson to move into the role of assistant coach. Giacoletti accepted the head coaching position at Drake this spring.
Compiled from sports-information reports.