BANDON, Ore. — Washington State Amateur champion Cameron Peck advanced to the quarterfinals of the Pacific Northwest Men’s Amateur Championship at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort on Tuesday.
Peck, who just finished his collegiate career at Texas A&M, earned a victory over 16-year-old Dylan Wu on the 20th hole.
Also advancing were UW sophomore Kyle Bowser, Carl Jonson of Bainbridge Island, Sulman Raza, Oregon Open champion Hans Reimers, Riley Hayfield of Kennewick, Justin Keiley and Alex Chiarella.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
• Gonzaga coach Mark Few didn’t have to look far to find a replacement for departed assistant coach Ray Giacoletti, tabbing assistant director of operations Brian Michaelson to move into the role of assistant coach. Giacoletti accepted the head coaching position at Drake this spring.
Compiled from sports-information reports.