Olympia’s Cameron Peck and Hans Reimers of Albany, Ore., will meet Thursday in the final of the Pacific Northwest Men’s Amateur Championship at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in Bandon, Ore. The final match will be contested over 36 holes.
Peck, who last month won the Washington State Amateur, defeated UW sophomore Kyle Bowser 6 and 5 in the quarterfinals and Carl Jonson 4 and 3 in the semis.
Reimers, the Oregon Open champion, earned a 1-up win over Justin Keiley in the semifinals and defeated Kennewick’s Riley Hayfield 1-up in the quarterfinals.
From Internet reports
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down