Brittany Kwon of Bremerton defeated Marianne Li of Bellevue 1-up on Thursday in the final match to win the 59th Pacific Northwest Junior Girls’ Amateur Championship at Olympia Country and Golf Club.
Kwon, 13, birdied the par-5 18th to win the hole and the match over Li, who had won the 17th hole to square the match. At no time during the tightly-contested match did either player have more than a 1-up lead.
Junior Boys Am
Sam Warkentin of Bainbridge Island and Sean Yi of Auburn will face off Friday in the final match of the 60th Pacific Northwest Junior Boys’ Amateur Championship. The 36-hole final will be at Emerald Valley Golf and Resort in Creswell, Ore. Yi defeated Matt Marrese of Bellevue in the quarterfinals on Thursday. Warkentin knocked off No. 1 overall seed John Sand of Hoquiam.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
- Photo shows Chicago cops posing over black man with antlers
Most Read Stories
• Huskies golfer Cheng-Tsung Pan lost 2-up to Bryson DeChambeau of Clovis, Calif. in Thursday’s round of 32 in match play at the U.S. Amateur in Atlanta.
• Seattle University has added Lance LaVetter to the Redhawk men’s basketball program as an assistant coach.
• Seattle Pacific added four recruits to its women’s gymnastics team: Ana Sabates from Edmonds-Woodway High School; Brittany Atchison from Biloxi, Miss.; Ariana Harger from Castro Valley High in California; and Fatimah Hylton of Phoenix’s Desert Vista High.
From sports-information reports.