Tom Brandes of Bellevue posted a 2-under-par 70 to take a one-stroke lead heading into Thursday’s final day of the PNGA Senior Men’s Amateur Championship at Brasada Ranch in Powell Butte, Ore.
Brandes is the two-time defending champion in the Pacific Northwest Golf Association event.
In the Super Senior Men’s Amateur, Chris Maletis of Portland increased his lead to four strokes with a second-round 70.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
Most Read Stories
• Washington State’s Ian Hamilton was named a Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American by Collegiate Baseball. The right-handed pitcher flourished in the closer’s role for the Cougars, saving a school-record 15 games.
• Western Washington University’s Emily Little was named to the Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association Division II Pocock All-America team.
and Web reports