Tom Brandes of Bellevue posted a 2-under-par 70 to take a one-stroke lead heading into Thursday’s final day of the PNGA Senior Men’s Amateur Championship at Brasada Ranch in Powell Butte, Ore.
Brandes is the two-time defending champion in the Pacific Northwest Golf Association event.
In the Super Senior Men’s Amateur, Chris Maletis of Portland increased his lead to four strokes with a second-round 70.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- For UW Huskies, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
• Washington State’s Ian Hamilton was named a Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American by Collegiate Baseball. The right-handed pitcher flourished in the closer’s role for the Cougars, saving a school-record 15 games.
• Western Washington University’s Emily Little was named to the Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association Division II Pocock All-America team.
and Web reports