Tom Brandes of Bellevue posted a 2-under-par 70 to take a one-stroke lead heading into Thursday’s final day of the PNGA Senior Men’s Amateur Championship at Brasada Ranch in Powell Butte, Ore.
Brandes is the two-time defending champion in the Pacific Northwest Golf Association event.
In the Super Senior Men’s Amateur, Chris Maletis of Portland increased his lead to four strokes with a second-round 70.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
Most Read Stories
• Washington State’s Ian Hamilton was named a Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American by Collegiate Baseball. The right-handed pitcher flourished in the closer’s role for the Cougars, saving a school-record 15 games.
• Western Washington University’s Emily Little was named to the Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association Division II Pocock All-America team.
and Web reports