Tom Brandes of Bellevue posted a 2-under-par 70 to take a one-stroke lead heading into Thursday’s final day of the PNGA Senior Men’s Amateur Championship at Brasada Ranch in Powell Butte, Ore.
Brandes is the two-time defending champion in the Pacific Northwest Golf Association event.
In the Super Senior Men’s Amateur, Chris Maletis of Portland increased his lead to four strokes with a second-round 70.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
• Washington State’s Ian Hamilton was named a Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American by Collegiate Baseball. The right-handed pitcher flourished in the closer’s role for the Cougars, saving a school-record 15 games.
• Western Washington University’s Emily Little was named to the Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association Division II Pocock All-America team.
and Web reports