James Beale of Auckland, New Zealand, and Cole Madey of West Linn, Ore., advanced to the 36-hole championship match on Thursday at the 113th Pacific Northwest Men’s Amateur Championship at Palouse Ridge Golf Club in Pullman.
Each won twice Thursday to reach the final.
Aaren Ziegler of Canby, Ore., and Tyler Barker of Caldwell, Idaho, advanced to the final match of the 113th Pacific Northwest Women’s Amateur, and Brie Stone of Veneta, Ore., will square off against Amanda Jacobs of Seattle in the 13th Pacific Northwest Women’s Mid-Amateur.
- State Supreme Court: Charter schools are unconstitutional
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seahawks' 53-man roster projection: The Final One
- Seahawks agree to deal with veteran RB Fred Jackson, waive Robert Turbin
- Rookies again are impressive as Seattle beats Oakland 31-21 to end exhibition season
Most Read Stories
Ziegler and Barker will play a 36-hole final championship match. Jacobs and Stone will play an 18-hole final championship match, both at Lewiston (Idaho) Golf & Country Club.
Washington State will face UC Santa Barbara on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 27 in the opening round of the 2014 Great Alaska Shootout in Anchorage.
Elliott Cribby, entering his second year as the pitching coach for the Seattle University baseball team, has been named the program’s recruiting coordinator, baseball coach Donny Harrel announced.
From sports-information reports.