FORT WORTH, Texas – Top-ranked Adam Scott made a 7-foot birdie putt on the third hole of a playoff Sunday to defeat Jason Dufner in the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial.
Scott and Dufner had 4-under-par 66s to finish 72 holes at 9 under.
Australian Scott, 33, won his 11th PGA Tour event and earned $1.152 million.
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- City brushed off feasibility of NHL, NBA at KeyArena
Most Read Stories
BENTON HARBOR, Mich. – Colin Montgomerie won the Senior PGA Championship, finishing with a 6-under 65 for a four-stroke victory over 64-year-old Tom Watson, who also had a 65.
Montgomerie, 51, claimed a senior major title in his fifth attempt, he was 0 for 71 in majors in his regular-tour days. He finished at 13 under at Harbor Shores and earned $378,000.
• Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland closed with a 6-under 66 to win the European Tour’s BMW PGA Championship in Virginia Water, England, by one stroke over Shane Lowry (68) of Ireland. The 25-year-old McIlroy, who on Wednesday confirmed the breakdown in his relationship with Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki, had a 14-under 274 total and posted his 12th worldwide victory.
• American Jessica Korda (7-under 65) made a 15-foot birdie putt on the final hole for a one-stroke victory over Anna Nordqvist (69) of Sweden in the Airbus LPGA Classic in Mobile, Ala.
Korda, 21, had a 20-under 268 total and earned $195,000.