Looks like the 4-13 Knicks can scratch George Karl off their coaching wish list.
The ESPN studio analyst made that clear when asked if he’d get the itch to return to the bench again if the New York job came open.
“There are days I wish (my phone) would ring, and there are days I don’t want it to ring,” Karl told Blitzkrieg.com. “I mean, I watch the Knicks play, and I wouldn’t want to be in that hell for a million dollars.”
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
• At Fark.com: “Gillette Stadium announces plans to halt all beer sales to Rob Gronkowski after halftime.”
• At SportsPickle.com: “Chargers not sure if they should tell Manti Te’o that Santa isn’t real.”
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin — in light of his $100,000 fine for getting in the way of a long Ravens kickoff return — might want to reconsider his chosen profession.
In hockey, you only get a two-minute penalty for interference.
Adding further insult to their 34-7 beatdown Monday night, the Saints got stranded overnight in Seattle because the flight home got grounded because of mechanical difficulties.
In other words, the plane flew 147 yards less than Drew Brees’ passes did.
Ohio is a 4-letter word
According to survey by Marchex, a mobile advertising technology company, no state’s citizens curse more than Ohio’s.
And if you think it’s bad now, just wait’ll the unbeaten Buckeyes finish third in the final BCS standings.
The life-size bronze statue of Minneapolis Lakers legend George Mikan will be relocated near the new entrance as part of the Target Center’s $100 million renovation.
In keeping with the theme, it’ll be positioned near a low post.
• Comedy writer Tim Hunter, on a new study showing that 18 percent of Americans claim they are at their ideal weight: “Which, of course, means that 82 percent of Americans resent you.”
• Janice Hough of LeftCoastSportsBabe.com, on the Steeler coach’s $100,000 fine: “Tomlin could have saved $50,000 by just spilling a drink on him.”
• Comedy writer Alex Kaseberg, on Dennis Rodman launching his own line of vodka: “Which is pretty much like a fire launching its own line of gasoline.”
Up In Smoke Dept.
Wednesday’s Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City had to be postponed when a faulty generator filled the arena with smoke an hour before tipoff.
In other words, they came to see an NBA game — and a Willie Nelson concert broke out.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org