Even with Tony Parker not quite at 100 percent, the San Antonio Spurs were able to quicken their pace when needed and rally for a 94-91 victory last night over the Orlando Magic...
SAN ANTONIO Even with Tony Parker not quite at 100 percent, the San Antonio Spurs were able to quicken their pace when needed and rally for a 94-91 victory last night over the Orlando Magic.
With Parker missing the fourth quarter with a groin injury, the Spurs rallied from a 12-point deficit at the SBC Center.
Tim Duncan had 24 points and 14 rebounds to lead the Spurs to their 10th victory in 11 home games this season.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Seattle police release statements from officers who killed Charleena Lyles
- Police investigate officer who shot Charleena Lyles after he left Taser in locker
- Wet, snowy winter creates life-threatening hazards for Pacific Crest Trail hikers
“We struggled in the third quarter,” Duncan said. “Things just weren’t going in. Their guards took control of the game.”
Orlando guard Cuttino Mobley led the Magic with 21 points, Steve Francis had 20 and Grant Hill scored 18. Francis missed a tying three-point shot in the final seconds.
“It was right there,” Orlando coach Johnny Davis said. “We just didn’t make some plays we needed down the stretch and they made plays at the end of the game.”
Manu Ginobili had 17 points for the Spurs, and Parker scored 13 while starting despite the groin injury.
Rookie Beno Udrih had eight points and seven assists after replacing Parker.
“Beno stepped in and did a good job,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “It was great to have him playing that way. We didn’t want to give Tony too many minutes. And Beno was rolling anyway so it worked out.”
Hedo Turkoglu was playing in his first game against the Spurs since signing as a free agent with Orlando in the offseason. Turkoglu had seven points in 24 minutes.