Even with Tony Parker not quite at 100 percent, the San Antonio Spurs were able to quicken their pace when needed and rally for a 94-91 victory last night over the Orlando Magic...
SAN ANTONIO Even with Tony Parker not quite at 100 percent, the San Antonio Spurs were able to quicken their pace when needed and rally for a 94-91 victory last night over the Orlando Magic.
With Parker missing the fourth quarter with a groin injury, the Spurs rallied from a 12-point deficit at the SBC Center.
Tim Duncan had 24 points and 14 rebounds to lead the Spurs to their 10th victory in 11 home games this season.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Police: Elderly Seattle brothers spent lifetime collecting sexual images of children, sexually abusing young girls
- Wealthy wife of Treasury secretary gets snarky on Instagram
“We struggled in the third quarter,” Duncan said. “Things just weren’t going in. Their guards took control of the game.”
Orlando guard Cuttino Mobley led the Magic with 21 points, Steve Francis had 20 and Grant Hill scored 18. Francis missed a tying three-point shot in the final seconds.
“It was right there,” Orlando coach Johnny Davis said. “We just didn’t make some plays we needed down the stretch and they made plays at the end of the game.”
Manu Ginobili had 17 points for the Spurs, and Parker scored 13 while starting despite the groin injury.
Rookie Beno Udrih had eight points and seven assists after replacing Parker.
“Beno stepped in and did a good job,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “It was great to have him playing that way. We didn’t want to give Tony too many minutes. And Beno was rolling anyway so it worked out.”
Hedo Turkoglu was playing in his first game against the Spurs since signing as a free agent with Orlando in the offseason. Turkoglu had seven points in 24 minutes.