FRESNO, Calif. — Darren Ford and Andrew Susac each homered during a three-run first inning and the Fresno Grizzlies cruised to a 5-1 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers in a Pacific Coast League game Saturday night.
Three Fresno pitchers limited the Rainiers to four hits, two by Jesus Montero. Tacoma (41-47) got its only run in the fifth inning on Humberto Quintero’s RBI double.
EVERETT — The Tri-City Dust Devils rallied for two runs in the seventh inning to beat the Everett AquaSox 3-2 in Northwest League action.
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- For escapee, prison now will mean 23 hours a day in a cell
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
Most Read Stories
Roberto Ramos hit an RBI double to tie the game, and Sam Bumpers followed with an RBI triple.
Austin Cousino and Taylor Smart drove in runs for Everett (5-18) and Kyle Petty had two doubles.
From Internet reports.