FRESNO, Calif. — Darren Ford and Andrew Susac each homered during a three-run first inning and the Fresno Grizzlies cruised to a 5-1 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers in a Pacific Coast League game Saturday night.
Three Fresno pitchers limited the Rainiers to four hits, two by Jesus Montero. Tacoma (41-47) got its only run in the fifth inning on Humberto Quintero’s RBI double.
EVERETT — The Tri-City Dust Devils rallied for two runs in the seventh inning to beat the Everett AquaSox 3-2 in Northwest League action.
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Strange but true: Mammoth catfish caught in Italy, and great white shark lurking off Washington coast
- Forecasters say gas prices are set to soar
- Thursday morning musings: Mel Kiper says Seattle pick "very difficult to predict right now''
Most Read Stories
Roberto Ramos hit an RBI double to tie the game, and Sam Bumpers followed with an RBI triple.
Austin Cousino and Taylor Smart drove in runs for Everett (5-18) and Kyle Petty had two doubles.
From Internet reports.