ALBANY, N.Y. — Former University of Washington golfer Sadena Parks rallied Sunday to win the SEFCU Championship on the women’s professional golf Symetra Tour.
Parks, a 24-year-old from Tacoma, matched the course record at Capital Hills with a bogey-free 9-under 62 for a one-stroke victory over Taiwan’s Min Lee. Parks started the day in a tie for 15th, seven shots out of the lead.
“I’ve been waiting two years for this,” Parks said. “I’m just really excited, I can’t wait to talk to my dad, my friends and I just want to take it all in.”
Parks finished at 14-under 199 and earned $15,000 to jump from 14th to sixth on the money list with $36,213. The final top 10 players will earn 2015 LPGA Tour cards.
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
Parks was second in the previous tour event, the Island Resort Championship on June 29, which was won by another former Husky, Molly Aronsson.
• Michael Thornton, a junior on the Washington crew team, claimed gold for Team Canada in the four-plus competition at the Under-23 World Rowing Championships in Varese, Italy. Other Huskies winning medals in various competition for various countries were Stuart Sim, Henry Meek, Alexander Perkins, Ruth Whyman and Fiona Gammond.