Bishop Blanchet has hired Steve Gervais, former Washington assistant football coach, as its athletic director. Gervais, who was the Huskies' running-backs coach, will begin his duties at Bishop Blanchet next fall.
Bishop Blanchet has hired Steve Gervais, former Washington assistant football coach, as its athletic director.
Gervais, who has won six state high-school football championships as a coach, will take over for George Monica, who will continue as Bishop Blanchet’s football and baseball coach. Gervais will begin his AD duties in the fall.
“It was critical to me; I wanted to stay in this area,” Gervais said. “That was an important criteria … This is an outstanding high school and community, and I’m looking forward to being a part of it.”
Gervais left Skyline High School in Sammamish, where he won three state titles, in 2007 to join Tyrone Willingham’s staff at Washington as running-backs coach. After Willingham and his coaching staff were fired in December, Washington hired Steve Sarkisian.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pedestrian struck on I-5 dies
Most Read Stories
“It’s always been in the back of my mind, to potentially be in athletics, work with coaches and be involved with kids,” Gervais said.
Tom Wyrwich: 206-515-5653 or email@example.com