Ex-Mariner of the week
Starting pitcher, New York Yankees
It may soon be a trade Jack Zduriencik and the Mariners regret. While Jesus Montero languishes in Class AAA, Pineda earned himself a spot in the Yankees’ rotation. He has made two starts, posting a 1-1 record with a 1.50 earned-run average. In 12 innings pitched, he has struck out 12 batters and walked two.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Soil rises around Bertha; no building foundations damaged
Most Read Stories
Outfielder, Class A High Desert Mavericks
He was signed as a non-drafted free agent on January 1, 2011, out of Nizao, Domican Republic.
The resemblance to his uncle Vladimir Guerrero is striking, including his lack of batting gloves at the plate. But Gabriel Guerrero is making a name for himself in the organization. He came into the weekend hitting .387 (12 for 31) with three doubles, two homers and 10 runs batted in.