Ex-Mariner of the week
Relief pitcher, Houston Astros
The Mariners’ first-round draft pick in 2008 seems to have finally found his fastball command and a home. Fields picked up his first save, throwing eight strikes in 10 pitches and securing the Astros’ two-game sweep of the Yankees. The Astros acquired Fields as the top pick of the Rule 5 draft in 2013. He appeared in 41 games for Houston last season, going 1-3 with a 4.97 ERA.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Couple missing 2 weeks in California drank rain, ate oranges
- Five Seahawks players to watch during OTAs
Most Read Stories
Outfielder, Class AA Jackson Generals
The slugging outfielder, taken in the eighth round of the 2010 draft out of Miami Dade Community College, started his 2014 season the right way, blasting a grand slam on opening night in Jackson’s 12-7 win. Blash, a native of the Virgin Islands, hit 25 homers last season in 109 games between Class A High Desert (16) and Jackson (9). He drove in 74 runs and struck out 113 times.