ST. LOUIS — Micah Mason had 22 points, Jerry Jones added 19 and Duquesne surprised No. 10 Saint Louis 71-64 on Thursday night to snap the Billikens’ school-record, 19-game winning streak.
Saint Louis (25-3, 12-1 Atlantic 10) had not lost since dropping a 70-65 decision on Dec. 1 to unbeaten Wichita State, now ranked No. 2 in the country.
Mason, who entered leading the nation in three-point shooting percentage (.554), hit four of five from behind the arc for Duquesne (12-15, 4-10), which was a 14-point underdog.
Other Top-10 game
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
- Building with iconic Seattle P-I globe sold for $40M
Most Read Stories
At No. 7 Louisville 88, Temple 66
Russ Smith had 24 points, moving into ninth place on Louisville’s career scoring list, and the Cardinals (24-4, 13-2 American Athletic Conference) throttled the Owls (7-20, 2-13).
At No. 2 N. Dame 98, No. 14 N. Carolina 75
Kayla McBride scored 28 points to help the Fighting Irish (28-0, 15-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) finish the regular season unbeaten at home.
The Tar Heels (21-8, 9-6) were led by the 18 points of Xylina McDaniel.
At No. 4 S. Carolina 67, Georgia 56
Tiffany Mitchell scored a career-high 25 points as the Gamecocks (26-2, 14-1) wrapped up their first Southeastern Conference title.
Erika Ford had 16 points to lead the Bulldogs (18-10, 6-9).
• New Mexico State’s K.C. Ross-Miller hurled the ball at Utah Valley’s Holton Hunsaker seconds after the Wolverines’ 66-61 overtime victory over the visiting Aggies, triggering a wild brawl that involved fans who came on the court.
• Tyler Harvey scored 31 points and was 7 of 11 from three-point range as the Eastern Washington men (14-14, 9-8 Big Sky) defeated host Northern Colorado (16-10, 10-7).