Talk about a cold day in heaven. "God is real," tweeted U.S. hurdler-turned-bobsledder Lolo Jones after a World Cup crash in Winterberg...
Talk about a cold day in heaven.
“God is real,” tweeted U.S. hurdler-turned-bobsledder Lolo Jones after a World Cup crash in Winterberg, Germany. “I saw Him today, and He said come back later.”
• At TheOnion.com: “Colin Kaepernick admits he learned nothing from watching Alex Smith play quarterback.”
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, playoffs hopes are back after they slam door on the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
• At SportsPickle.com: “Chargers find out clerical error has caused Norv Turner to continue receiving a paycheck for last three years.”
Paging Hans Blix
NBC’s Bob Costas caught a lot of flak over his gun-control comments during his Sunday Night Football halftime commentary last week.
“If Bob really wants to rid sports of deadly weapons,” wrote Mike Bianchi of the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, “he should advocate a ban on Dwight Howard’s free throws.”
Seats still available
The three-point shooting — 6 for 31, 19 percent — in UCLA’s 65-63 basketball victory over Texas on Saturday was downright torrid compared to this stat:
Only 2,797 showed up to watch the game at Houston’s 43,000-seat Reliant Stadium — 6 ½ percent of capacity.
This just in
In the time it took you to read this, the Arizona Cardinals just turned the ball over again.
“It’s fine with me if the New Orleans Hornets change their name to the Pelicans,” wrote Bob Molinaro of the Norfolk Virginian-Pilot. “Whatever it takes to remind people that they’re still in the league.”
Talking the talk
• Greg Cote of The Miami Herald, after the salary-dumping Marlins announced they will play their first spring-training game on Feb.23: “So you have only 11 more weeks to create those angry, vitriol-filled signs that the club will order confiscated.”
• Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald, on Geneva (Pa.) College’s 43-year-old freshman swingman: “He’s at that awkward age for a basketball player — too old to play college ball, too young for the Knicks.”
Hold your fire
West Virginia has ordered Jonathan Kimble — who dresses in buckskins as the Mountaineer mascot — to stop using his musket as a hunting weapon after he killed a black bear with it and posted pictures on Facebook.
Just be thankful Kimble isn’t the mascot at some other place that issues weaponry — like, say, Army.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com