Mary Hardin-Baylor fell behind early, but quickly righted itself and defeated Whitworth 71-63 in an NCAA Division III men's sectional tournament...
SPOKANE — Mary Hardin-Baylor fell behind early, but quickly righted itself and defeated Whitworth 71-63 in an NCAA Division III men’s sectional tournament game on Saturday night.
Whitworth (26-4) led 10-2 but the visitors came back to take a 33-24 halftime lead, which included an 8-0 Mary Hardin-Baylor run to end the first 20 minutes.
The Pirates rallied from a 10-point second-half deficit and took a 60-56 lead on a layup with 4:31 remaining, but Mary Hardin-Baylor (25-5) regained the lead at 61-60 on a three-pointer by Cory Meals with 3:24 left and never trailed again.
Cotton McCarger scored 20 for Whitworth. James Allen scored 21 for Mary Hardin-Baylor, which advances to the Elite Eight to face St. Mary’s (Md.).
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
- Seattle’s Panama Hotel deemed a National Treasure