Mary Hardin-Baylor fell behind early, but quickly righted itself and defeated Whitworth 71-63 in an NCAA Division III men's sectional tournament...
SPOKANE — Mary Hardin-Baylor fell behind early, but quickly righted itself and defeated Whitworth 71-63 in an NCAA Division III men’s sectional tournament game on Saturday night.
Whitworth (26-4) led 10-2 but the visitors came back to take a 33-24 halftime lead, which included an 8-0 Mary Hardin-Baylor run to end the first 20 minutes.
The Pirates rallied from a 10-point second-half deficit and took a 60-56 lead on a layup with 4:31 remaining, but Mary Hardin-Baylor (25-5) regained the lead at 61-60 on a three-pointer by Cory Meals with 3:24 left and never trailed again.
Cotton McCarger scored 20 for Whitworth. James Allen scored 21 for Mary Hardin-Baylor, which advances to the Elite Eight to face St. Mary’s (Md.).
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Police question man in bizarre Bellevue hit-and-run incident
- 405 toll lanes may have been trigger for firing of WSDOT Secretary Lynn Peterson