The ninth-ranked Washington women’s golf team finished sixth among 17 teams at the Bruin Wave Invitational that concluded Tuesday in Tarzana, Calif.
The Huskies shot a final-round 23 over to finish the week at 47-over 911. Top-ranked USC finished at 1-under 863 to top No. 17 Pepperdine by 13 strokes. No. 2 UCLA finished third, followed by No. 11 Arizona and No. 12 Oklahoma State.
UW was led by Jennifer Yang, who shot a round of 74 Tuesday to finish at 5 over for the tournament.
Washington State finished 10th at 65 over.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
Most Read Stories
Eastern Washington linebacker Ronnie Hamlin, who has 361 career tackles in 40 games (37 as a starter), has been given a sixth year by the NCAA to replace two other seasons wiped out because of injuries.
Hamlin was named second-team All-American and All-Big Sky last year.
Joshua Winquist scored his 40th and 41st goals and assisted on another as Everett beat visiting Kelowna 5-1 in Western Hockey League play.
Oregon swept visiting Seattle U (5-8) 10-2 and 4-3.
Northwest University guard Domi Mendezona was named first-team All-Cascade Collegiate Conference.
From sports-information reports.