The ninth-ranked Washington women’s golf team finished sixth among 17 teams at the Bruin Wave Invitational that concluded Tuesday in Tarzana, Calif.
The Huskies shot a final-round 23 over to finish the week at 47-over 911. Top-ranked USC finished at 1-under 863 to top No. 17 Pepperdine by 13 strokes. No. 2 UCLA finished third, followed by No. 11 Arizona and No. 12 Oklahoma State.
UW was led by Jennifer Yang, who shot a round of 74 Tuesday to finish at 5 over for the tournament.
Washington State finished 10th at 65 over.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- Car strikes 3 at Sasquatch festival; 1 serious injury
- Defenses will have tough choices to make vs. Seahawks, tight end Jimmy Graham
Most Read Stories
Eastern Washington linebacker Ronnie Hamlin, who has 361 career tackles in 40 games (37 as a starter), has been given a sixth year by the NCAA to replace two other seasons wiped out because of injuries.
Hamlin was named second-team All-American and All-Big Sky last year.
Joshua Winquist scored his 40th and 41st goals and assisted on another as Everett beat visiting Kelowna 5-1 in Western Hockey League play.
Oregon swept visiting Seattle U (5-8) 10-2 and 4-3.
Northwest University guard Domi Mendezona was named first-team All-Cascade Collegiate Conference.
From sports-information reports.