Cavaliers end up 4-2 winners over USC
Virginia, the top seed coming in, captured its fifth ITA National Men’s Team Indoor Championship in the past six years Monday when it beat USC 4-2 at the Nordstrom Tennis Center in Seattle.
Virginia’s Alex Domijan, the nation’s top-ranked player, won his singles match 6-3, 6-2 over No. 10 Emilio Gomez and also won in doubles for the Cavaliers.
• Play was suspended because of darkness on the Washington men’s team, which was 3-under at the time at The Prestige at PGA West in La Quinta, Calif. Chris Williams was able to finish his round with a 2-under 69, and was tied for sixth individually. Texas Christian had the team lead at 6-under.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
• Gonzaga’s women opened up an eight-stroke lead at the Folino Invitational in Industry Hills, Calif. The Bulldogs had a 304 for a two-day 607 and are eight strokes clear of UC Riverside in the 12-team tournament. Raychelle Santos, with a pair of 74s, is one stroke out of the lead of the individual race.
• Renado Parker, with 20 points, was one of four Portland State (7-16, 5-11 Big Sky) players in double figures as the Vikings won 89-80 at home against the Eastern Washington (8-18, 6-10) men.
• Seattle Pacific’s Katie Benson, a junior from Snohomish, was named co-player of the week in the Great Northwest Athletic Conference after scoring a career-high 32 points to push past 1,000 career points.
• Montana’s Kenzie De Boer, a senior out of Lynden, was named co-player of the week in the Big Sky after averaging 21.5 points and 5.0 rebounds in two games.
• Seattle residents Chris Hannemann and Jesse Brown won the Dinosaur Beach Volleyball Tournament in Kauai, Hawaii, a tournament on larger-sized beach courts. Hannemann and Brown beat Seattle’s Chuck Monson and Mike Thornton of Hanalei, Hawaii, in the final.
From association reports.