CHENEY — Vernon Adams threw for 302 yards and four touchdowns to lead top-ranked Eastern Washington to a 56-35 victory over No. 14 Sam Houston State on Saturday in a matchup of Football Championship Subdivision powerhouses.
Adams completed 26 of 48 passes with one interception. Quincy Forte added 152 yards on 23 carries for EWU, which had 624 total yards.
Adams also had 61 rushing yards on 12 carries.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport
Most Read Stories
• Washington’s men were 1-0 winners over Michigan State in an exhibition in Fort Wayne, Ind.
• Seattle University posted a 2-0 exhibition victory over the host Western Washington men.
• Westmont College (2-0) scored three second-half goals for a 4-1 victory over the Northwest women (1-2) in nonconference action in Santa Barbara, Calif.
• Northwest toppled Simpson 25-22, 25-15, 25-19 for a 3-3 record in the Sports Travel Northwest tournament in Spokane. Amanda Waterman led Northwest with 11 kills and 13 digs.
• Tacoma native Tejay van Garderen of BMC Racing moved a big step closer to defending his USA Pro Challenge title by setting a course record (24 minutes, 26 seconds on 10-mile course) in the time trial in Vail, Colo.