OMAHA, Neb. – Vanderbilt and Virginia advanced to the best-of-three College World Series finals by winning games Saturday.
Tyler Campbell’s bases-loaded infield single in the bottom of the 10th inning gave Vanderbilt a 4-3 victory over Texas. The Commodores (49-20) give the Southeastern Conference a team in the CWS final series, which starts Monday, for the seventh straight year.
Josh Sborz and two Virginia relievers turned in a dominating pitching performance, limiting Mississippi to six singles in a 4-1 victory.
Virginia (52-14), from the Atlantic Coast Conference, has allowed two earned runs in 33 innings in winning its three CWS games, for an ERA of 0.55.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- From best picks to the puzzlers, reviewing the Seahawks’ draft selections