OMAHA, Neb. – Vanderbilt and Virginia advanced to the best-of-three College World Series finals by winning games Saturday.
Tyler Campbell’s bases-loaded infield single in the bottom of the 10th inning gave Vanderbilt a 4-3 victory over Texas. The Commodores (49-20) give the Southeastern Conference a team in the CWS final series, which starts Monday, for the seventh straight year.
Josh Sborz and two Virginia relievers turned in a dominating pitching performance, limiting Mississippi to six singles in a 4-1 victory.
Virginia (52-14), from the Atlantic Coast Conference, has allowed two earned runs in 33 innings in winning its three CWS games, for an ERA of 0.55.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit