BERKELEY, Calif. – Ariya Crook scored a career-high 34 points to lead USC to a 77-70 victory at No. 19 California in Pac-12 women’s basketball on Friday night.
USC took the lead for good at 68-66 on Cassie Harberts’ jumper with 3:58 to play.
The Women of Troy (14-6 overall, 7-1 Pac-12) held the Golden Bears scoreless for the next 3½ minutes while Crook made a jumper and two free throws to extend the lead to 72-66 with 25 seconds to play.
Crook made 11 of 22 shots. Harberts added 15 points and 10 rebounds.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their boss is jailed
- Macy’s proposing changes to downtown Seattle store
Most Read Stories
Brittany Boyd had 17 points, 13 rebounds and nine assists for Cal (13-5, 5-2).
At No. 4 Stanford 72, UCLA 55
Chiney Ogwumike collected 21 points and 15 rebounds, helping the Cardinal (18-1, 7-0) defeat the Bruins (10-10, 4-4).
No. 14 Arizona St. 65, at Utah 62
Katie Hempen and Sophie Brunner each made two free throws in the final 10 seconds to give the Sun Devils (16-3, 5-2) a victory over the Utes (8-10, 1-6).
Michelle Plouffe led Utah with 22 points.
At Colorado 68, Arizona 47
Jen Reese scored 22 points on 8-for-13 shooting as the Buffaloes (12-6, 2-5) beat the Wildcats (4-14, 0-7) to snap a four-game losing streak.