EUGENE, Ore. – Atonye Nyingifa tied her career high with 34 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead UCLA to a 103-83 women’s basketball victory over Oregon on Monday.
Nyingifa also had 34 points when the Bruins (12-14 overall, 6-8 Pac-12) beat the Ducks last month.
Nirra Fields added 26 points, 11 rebounds, eight assists and four steals for UCLA. Thea Lemberger had 21 points and eight assists.
Ariel Thomas scored 28 points for Oregon (13-12, 4-10).
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
Most Read Stories
Meanwhile, Jillian Alleyne had 24 points and 12 rebounds, moving into first place on the school and conference rebounding list for a season with 388; the previous Pac-12 mark was 376, shared by Oregon’s Bev Smith and Stanford’s Nnemkadi Ogwumike.
Oregon’s Danielle Love, who is from Cascade High in Everett, had 19 points.
Presley, Plum are honored
Washington State guard Tia Presley, a former standout at Gonzaga Prep in Spokane, was voted Pac-12 player of the week after scoring 32 points in consecutive road victories.
Presley has 504 points this season for WSU (14-12, 8-6), which has its most overall and league victories since the 1995-96 season.
Washington guard Kelsey Plum, who averaged 22 points and 7.5 rebounds in two road victories, was selected Pac-12 freshman of the week for the sixth time. That ties a conference record for winning the award, which is in its second season.
|Monday’s resultUCLA 103, Oregon 83|