LOS ANGELES – Jordan Adams scored 22 points and Tony Parker added 21 as No. 24 UCLA beat Oakland of Michigan 91-60 on Tuesday night.
The Bruins (2-0) pulled away by closing the first half on a 27-9 run to take a 44-24 lead. An 18-2 run in the second half sealed the victory.
UCLA shot 52.5 percent from the field and outrebounded the Golden Grizzlies 49-28. Oakland (0-2), meanwhile, hit 30.8 percent.
The Golden Grizzlies were coming off a 21-point loss to No. 12 North Carolina, and arrived in Los Angeles with 10 players on their roster.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
Sun Devils romp
TEMPE, Ariz. – Jahii Carson scored 18 points and matched a career high with eight assists, Jermaine Marshall added 18 points, and Arizona State raced to a 90-54 rout over Miami of Ohio.
The Sun Devils (2-0) never gave the Redhawks (0-2) a chance to rally, making 16 of 31 three-pointers while shooting 55 percent overall.
Jordan Bachynski added 16 points and 10 rebounds for Arizona State.
• In women’s games involving Pac-12 teams, high-scoring Oregon walloped Portland 113-86, behind Jillian Alleyne’s 25 points and 13 rebounds, and Colorado slipped past Colorado State 63-59. The Ducks (2-0) were coming off a Pac-12-record 131-point outing against Cal State Bakersfield.
• In men’s play, California topped Denver 77-50 and USC defeated Cal State Northridge 95-79.