The Seattle University men’s soccer team remained on top of the Western Athletic Conference standings with a 2-1 come-from-behind win at Bakersfield on Sunday.
The Redhawks (5-8-2, 4-0-1) are on a four-game unbeaten streak.
In the 74th minute, Ian Hines-Ike got the equalizer for the Redhawks off a direct kick after a Bakersfield yellow card. In the 82nd minute, Miguel Gonzalez scored the game-winner after a long run.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
Most Read Stories
The Seattle University women got two second-half goals to top Bakersfield 2-1 at Championship Field.
The Redhawks (11-2-2, 8-0-0) remain undefeated in WAC play, increasing their winning streak to nine games and their home winning streak to seven games.
In the 71st minute, Jacqui Wallis evened the score on a cross by Mary Hill. Heather Thomas scored the game-winner in the 88th minute on assists by Stephanie Verdoia and Kiana Kraft.
Washington finished 10th at the U.S. Collegiate Championship in Atlanta. The Huskies’ Trevor Simsby shot a final-round 69 to tie for 18th place.
Holy Names Academy won the Youth Fours Women’s race at the Head of the Charles regatta in Boston.
From sports-information reports.