Josh Huestis had a double-double to help the Stanford men's basketball team win a Pac-12 game over Oregon State.
STANFORD, Calif. — Josh Huestis made a key basket among his 16 points and added an important block in the final minute as Stanford held off Oregon State 81-73 Sunday in a men’s Pac-12 basketball game.
Chasson Randle scored 20 points for the Cardinal (14-8 overall, 5-4 Pac-12), which has won three in a row and five of its last seven. Dwight Powell added 14 points and John Gage — a junior forward-center from Vashon Island — scored 12.
Huestis, who also had 13 rebounds, blocked a shot by Devon Collier in the final minute that helped Stanford stop the Beavers, who were down by two points at the time.
Joe Burton had 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Beavers (11-11, 1-8). Roberto Nelson scored 20 points and Ahmad Starks added 15 for Oregon State.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
Most Read Stories
Top 5 women
No. 5 Duke 84,
at No. 11 North Carolina 63
Chloe Wells scored a career-high 18 points to help the Blue Devils (20-1, 10-0 Atlantic Coast) roll past the Tar Heels (20-3, 8-2).
Tricia Liston added 15 for Duke, which led by 31 points at halftime and beat North Carolina for the fifth time in a row.
• Guard Peyton Siva, a graduate of Franklin High School in Seattle, had 14 points and seven assists to help 12th-ranked Louisville beat No. 25 Marquette 70-51.
Siva made 6 of 9 shots to snap out of a slump; he was 7 for 31 in the team’s previous four games.
Washington 96, Arizona State 92
Arizona 79, Washington State 65
Utah 58, Colorado 55
California 58, Oregon 54
Stanford 81, Oregon State 73