Washington men’s golf was well represented with the announcement of the All-Pac-12 teams on Monday. Trevor Simsby was named to the conference’s first team, while Cheng-Tsung Pan, Corey Pereira and Jonathan Sanders earned second-team honors.
Simsby made it six years in a row with a Husky on the first team. He earned the honor for the first time after being an honorable-mention selection last year.
Senior Blake Snyder of Washington State also was an honorable-mention selection.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
Most Read Stories
• Maddi Hommes of Seattle Pacific is in fourth place, and fellow freshman Ali Sowers is seventh after the first day of the Great Northwest Athletic Conference women’s heptathlon in Ellensburg.
Hommes ended the day with 2,576 points. Sowers has 2,370 points.
Meet favorite Karolin Anders of Alaska Anchorage leads with 3,031 points. Tayler Fettig of Central is second with 2,952.
Defending champion Cody Thomas from Alaska Anchorage leads the men’s decathlon by nearly 500 points at 3,742. Central Washington teammates Justin Peterson (3,258) and Brandon Roddewig (3,244) are second and third.
Western Washington’s Michael Stralser has 3,155 points and is sixth.
• Western Washington outfielder Kaleigh Keating has been named GNAC softball co-player of the week
From sports-information reports.