Seattle University’s David Torres shot a 3-under-par 68 in the final round to help the Redhawks tie for third in the Dash Thomas Memorial on Tuesday in Meridian, Idaho.
Torres finished at 207, two shots behind the winner in the event hosted by Boise State.
Sacramento State won the team title by 12 shots. Seattle U was 14 shots behind.
Other men’s golf
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
The Washington State University men’s golf team tied host Colorado for first place in the Colorado Invitational at the Colorado (Erie) National Golf Club.
The Cougars were 12th after the first round, but rallied in the final two rounds to finish at 18-over 882.
WSU’s Blake Snyder tied for second at 1-under 215, his second top-five of the season. He was five shots behind Houston Baptist’s Preston Stanley.
• Western Washington’s Jack Kelly finished tied for fourth at 2-under 214 in the WWU Men’s Golf Invitational at the Bellingham Golf and Country Club.
Western finished eighth in the event, which was won by British Columbia.
Washington State senior Mallory Kent posted a seven-shot victory and led the Cougars to the team title of the Cougar Cup at Palouse Ridge Golf Club in Pullman.
Kent finished at 4-under 212 to earn her second career victory.
Washington State finished at 22-over 886, 12 shots better than Gonzaga. It was the third victory for the Cougars in the six-year history of the event.
Seattle University finished 11th.
• Led by Kristen Hansen’s third-place finish, Western Washington finished fourth among 18 teams at the Western New Mexico University Women’s Golf Invitational in Phoenix.
WWU, which led by six strokes after Monday’s first round, finished four shots behind team champion Chico State.
Josh Guerrero of Northwest University has been named the NAIA Men’s Soccer National Offensive Player of the Week.
From sports-information reports