Kai Tindall tied for first place in the floor exercise for the second straight week for Seattle Pacific, which placed second to host Lindenwood on Friday night in a four-team women’s gymnastics meet at Hyland Arena in St. Charles, Mo.
The Falcons compiled 190.450 team points. They surpassed the 190-point plateau in the first two meets of the season for the first time since 2006. SPU posted a winning score of 190.750 in the season opener on Jan. 10 at home.
Host Lindenwood rode a sweep of the top-four places on the balance beam to a first-place mark of 191.575.
Tindall’s winning floor score was 9.750. The senior from Mountlake Terrace High School is the daughter of 39th-year SPU head coach Laurel Tindall.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
Most Read Stories
Kozun again leads T-birds
Recently acquired goaltender Taran Kozun continued his mastery in his second start with the Seattle Thunderbirds, stopping 26 shots in a 2-0 win over Tri-City in a Western Hockey League game in Kent.
In his first start for the Thunderbirds on Tuesday, Kozun stopped 28 shots as Seattle won 1-0 with a goal in the final minute of overtime.
Russell Maxwell gave Seattle a 1-0 lead just 1:23 into the game Friday. Sam McKechnie, Roberts Lipsbergs and Jaimen Yakubowski scored in the third period.
Spokane scored twice in the first period and that was all it needed in a 2-1 win over host Everett in a WHL game.
Logan Aasman scored the Silvertips’ lone goal, in the second period.
• The Washington State women lost to visiting UCLA 133-67. Ali Mand won the 50-yard freestyle for the Cougars in 24.25 seconds.
• The Washington State women opened its dual-match season with a 7-0 win over Montana State followed by a 5-0 victory over Idaho in Portland.
Compiled from sports-information reports.