Bryson Pavel scored on a 78th-minute header and Blaine Carver got an insurance goal three minutes later Saturday as Seattle Pacific stretched its undefeated streak to 11 games with a 2-0 men’s soccer shutout of host Montana State Billings.
The Falcons (8-1-3) have not lost since a 1-0 season-opening setback against Chico State on Sept. 7. Their current run of eight wins and three ties marks the program’s longest stretch without a loss since 2000.
SPU remains the only team without a loss in Great Northwest Athletic Conference games, improving to 6-0-3.
- Every street can't handle every use, mayor says
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- Confidence is key for 24-year-old lawmaker
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: 'He just doesn't trust a lot of people'
Most Read Stories
California (11-6, 4-4 Pac-12) defeated host Washington State 15-25, 25-22, 25-19, 25-16. Ver’Leea Hardaway and Kyra Holt had 14 kills each for the Cougars (15-6, 2-6).
• Sarah Jaeckel had14 kills as host Seattle U (10-14, 7-2) beat Kansas City 25-14, 29-27, 27-25 and moved into a tie for the Western Athletic Conference lead.
• Madi Cavell had 11 kills and eight digs as host SPU (9-8, 5-4 GNAC) beat Saint Martin’s 25-23, 25-19, 25-16.
• Seventh-ranked Western Washington (14-2, 7-1 GNAC) lost 23-25, 26-24, 25-23, 19-25, 15-12 to visiting Alaska Anchorage (15-6, 9-0).
• Idaho State defeated host Eastern Washington 25-20, 20-25, 25-16, 25-13. Sophomore Allie Schumacher had 14 kills and 12 digs for the Eagles (7-14, 4-6 Big Sky).
• Brigham Young (16-3, 9-0 West Coast Conference) defeated Gonzaga 25-20, 25-14, 25-17, dropping the host Bulldogs to 8-10, 4-5.
Other men’s soccer
Jeremy Wentzel scored two goals as Western Washington (7-3-3, 5-1-3 GNAC) beat the University of Mary 3-1 in Bismarck, N.D.
Host Western Oregon dealt second-ranked Western Washington (12-1, 9-1 GNAC) its first loss of the season, 1-0. Mariah Konyn scored the game’s only goal on a rebound in the 44th minute for Western Oregon (8-2-4, 6-2-2).
• Maddie Krauss scored two second-half goals 32 seconds apart, leading SPU (10-4, 7-3 GNAC) over host Montana State Billings 3-0.
• Northwest University’s Acacia Johnson scored in the 88th minute to give the host Eagles (8-5-1, 4-0-1 CCC) a 2-1 victory over Eastern Oregon.
Washington’s Aaron Nelson finished fourth out of 288 runners at the Wisconsin Invitational in Madison. The Huskies men were 15th. The fourth-ranked UW women were ninth as Katie Flood finished 23rd.
• Washington State’s men were the Division I winner and the women were second at the Inland Empire Classic in Lewiston, Idaho. Andrew Gonzales was fourth for the Cougars men. Eastern Washington, with four of its runners finishing in the top six, won the women’s title and Gonzaga was third. Gonzaga was second in the men’s standings and Eastern third.
• Lauren Hammerle finished fourth for SU in the Emerald City Open at Lower Woodland Park.
Sanda Milovic had 23 points and 10 rebounds as host Northwest U opened the season with a 74-48 victory over Walla Walla.
From sports-information reports.