TREVOR TAYLOR: Mendocino College quarterback Trevor Taylor’s prolific passing game ended in a loss.
Taylor threw for 796 yards against the College of the Redwoods on Saturday only to see his team lose 69-66 on a touchdown pass with five seconds remaining in Ukiah, Calif.
Taylor completed 38 of 52 passes and threw for nine touchdowns in the California Community College Athletic Association game.
The NCAA record for yards passing in a game is 731 held by Zamir Amin of Menlo College of California in a Division III game on Oct. 7, 2000, against Cal Lutheran.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
Most Read Stories
Houston’s David Klingler has the FBS record of 716 in 1990 against Eastern Washington.
Redwoods quarterback Will Hissong went 39 for 54 for 573 yards and five touchdowns, including the game-winning 6-yard pass to Caleb Lomboy-Chavez.
The Associated Press