CORVALLIS, Ore. – Center Ruth Hamblin contributed 17 points and a game-high 14 rebounds to lead Oregon State to a 60-47 victory over Utah in a Pac-12 women’s basketball game Monday night.
Hamblin made 6 of 7 shots as the Beavers (15-9 overall, 7-5 Pac-10) improved to 10-1 in home games. Oregon State is in fifth place in the conference.
Oregon State had a 41-28 rebounding advantage on Utah (10-13, 3-9).
The score was tied at 24 at halftime, but the Beavers pulled away by shooting 52.2 percent in the second half and limiting the Utes to 34.6 percent in that span.
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
Most Read Stories
Michelle Plouffe led Utah with 17 points and Cheyenne Wilson added 13 on 6-for-8 shooting.
Colorado 81, at Oregon 75
Jen Reese had 18 points and 13 rebounds to help the Buffaloes (14-9, 4-8) defeat the Ducks (13-10, 4-8).
Chrishae Rowe led Oregon with 23 points, making 4 of 8 three-point shots.
|Monday’s resultsOregon State 60, Utah 47 Colorado 81, Oregon 75|