CORVALLIS, Ore. – Freshman Hallice Cooke scored 14 of his season-high 20 points in the second half and scored the go-ahead basket with 6:12 left as Oregon State beat UCLA 71-67 in a Pac-12 basketball game Sunday.
Eric Moreland finished with 11 points and 14 rebounds, and Angus Brandt added 13 points for the Beavers (13-8 overall, 5-4 Pac-12), who are above .500 at the midway point of the conference season for the first time since 1999.
Kyle Anderson led the Bruins (17-5, 6-3) with 18 points and nine rebounds.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
Most Read Stories
• Arizona sophomore forward Brandon Ashley, who averaged 11.5 points on 52 percent shooting, will miss the rest of the season with a right-foot injury suffered in Saturday’s 60-58 loss at California.
|Sunday’s resultOregon State 71, UCLA 67|