CORVALLIS, Ore. – Freshman Hallice Cooke scored 14 of his season-high 20 points in the second half and scored the go-ahead basket with 6:12 left as Oregon State beat UCLA 71-67 in a Pac-12 basketball game Sunday.
Eric Moreland finished with 11 points and 14 rebounds, and Angus Brandt added 13 points for the Beavers (13-8 overall, 5-4 Pac-12), who are above .500 at the midway point of the conference season for the first time since 1999.
Kyle Anderson led the Bruins (17-5, 6-3) with 18 points and nine rebounds.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
Most Read Stories
• Arizona sophomore forward Brandon Ashley, who averaged 11.5 points on 52 percent shooting, will miss the rest of the season with a right-foot injury suffered in Saturday’s 60-58 loss at California.
|Sunday’s resultOregon State 71, UCLA 67|