CORVALLIS, Ore. – Freshman Hallice Cooke scored 14 of his season-high 20 points in the second half and scored the go-ahead basket with 6:12 left as Oregon State beat UCLA 71-67 in a Pac-12 basketball game Sunday.
Eric Moreland finished with 11 points and 14 rebounds, and Angus Brandt added 13 points for the Beavers (13-8 overall, 5-4 Pac-12), who are above .500 at the midway point of the conference season for the first time since 1999.
Kyle Anderson led the Bruins (17-5, 6-3) with 18 points and nine rebounds.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Two high school football players hospitalized after serious game injuries
Most Read Stories
• Arizona sophomore forward Brandon Ashley, who averaged 11.5 points on 52 percent shooting, will miss the rest of the season with a right-foot injury suffered in Saturday’s 60-58 loss at California.
|Sunday’s resultOregon State 71, UCLA 67|