LAS VEGAS – Although Fresno State fell one victory short of a Bowl Championship Series berth, the Bulldogs still got a high-stakes matchup in Las Vegas for the final game of quarterback Derek Carr’s career.
The 21st-ranked Bulldogs (11-1) are in the Las Vegas Bowl against USC (9-4) in a compelling California matchup Saturday.
Interim boss Clay Helton is USC’s third football coach of the season. Ex-Washington coach Steve Sarkisian will take over as USC’s coach after the bowl.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
Most Read Stories
FARGO, N.D. – Brock Jensen threw three touchdown passes and John Crockett ran for 196 yards to help North Dakota State overpower New Hampshire 52-14 in the Football Championship Subdivision semifinals Friday night.
The two-time defending national champion Bison (14-0) advanced to the FCS title game Jan. 4 in Frisco, Texas, against the winner of Saturday’s semifinal between host Eastern Washington and Towson.
• Matt Behrendt threw four TD passes as Wisconsin-Whitewater crushed Mount Union of Ohio 52-14 in the NCAA Division III title game in Salem, Va.
• Senior running back Franklyn Quiteh of Bloomsburg (Pa.) won the Harlon Hill Trophy as the NCAA Division II player of the year. He rushed for 2,195 yards this season.
• Boise State, in Honolulu getting ready for Tuesday’s Hawaii Bowl against Oregon State, sent home senior quarterback Joe Southwick for violating team rules.
Grant Hedrick, who has passed for 1,443 yards this season, is expected to start for Boise State.
• Notre Dame will face Boston College at Fenway Park, home of the 2013 World Series champion Boston Red Sox, in a night game Nov. 21, 2015.