E.J. Singler had 21 points and No. 19 Oregon overcame a poor start to end its three-game losing streak with a 73-64 victory over Utah in Pac-12 men's basketball.
EUGENE, Ore. — E.J. Singler had 21 points and No. 19 Oregon overcame a poor start to end its three-game losing streak with a 73-64 victory over Utah on Saturday.
Damyean Dotson added 16 points for the Ducks (19-5 overall, 8-3 Pac-12), who had been on a slide after opening conference play with seven straight victories.
Oregon trailed 30-22 after the first half but pulled in front midway through the second and extended its lead to 53-45 on Carlos Emory’s tip-in with 6:32 left.
“We finally hit some shots,” Oregon coach Dana Altman said of the turnaround. “Dot(son) got on a roll there, E.J. hit a couple, and although we didn’t shoot a very good percentage, it was good to see the ball go through the net a little bit.”
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
Most Read Stories
Jason Washburn had 20 points and seven rebounds for the Utes (10-13, 2-9).
The Ducks were without freshman point guard Dominic Artis for the fifth straight game because of a left-foot injury.
Artis averages 10.2 points and a team-leading 3.8 assists for the Ducks, and his steadying influence has been missed.
at Arizona St. 59
Dwight Powell scored 22 points, Stanford made 10 of 18 three-pointers, and the Cardinal (15-9, 6-5) held on to beat the Sun Devils (18-6, 7-4).
Josh Huestis added 13 points and John Gage, who is from Vashon Island, scored all 11 of his points in the first half for Stanford.
Carrick Felix scored 16 points for Arizona State.