Chiney Ogwumike has been a force for the Stanford women’s baskeball team during her four years in Palo Alto.
On Tuesday, she won her second straight Pac-12 Player of the Year Award after averaging 27.0 points and 12.1 rebounds per game. She ranks third in the country in scoring and eighth in rebounding. In January, she became the Pac-12’s all-time leading rebounder.
She was also named the Defensive Player of the Year for the third-consecutive season.
Ogwumike answered questions about her career at Stanford, the upcoming Pac-12 women’s tournament at KeyArena and more during a chat on Wednesday afternoon.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Six sickened by E. coli linked to local food truck
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green