Haiden Palmer scored a season-high 21 points to lead the Gonzaga women's team to a 54-40 victory over Portland State. The Zags are 8-2.
PORTLAND — Haiden Palmer scored a season-high 21 points to lead the Gonzaga women’s team to a 54-40 victory over Portland State on Friday night.
The score was tied at 23 at halftime, but the Zags (8-2) started the second half with a 16-4 run.
Angela Misa, a transfer from Oregon State, led the Vikings (5-2) with 12 points.
Gonzaga took almost five minutes to score, as it turned the ball over on six of its first eight possessions and missed its first two shots.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
Most Read Stories
Sunny Greinacher of the Zags had a game-high nine rebounds and Gonzaga had a 43-32 advantage on the glass.
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Gennifer Brandon and Brittany Boyd scored 19 points apiece to help No. 11 California rout Cal State Bakersfield 84-46.
Cal (7-1) shot 51 percent. The Bears limited the Roadrunners (1-7) to 32 percent shooting.
Arizona State wins
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Micaela Pickens scored 15 points as Arizona State beat Providence 67-58.
Information from team reports is included in this roundup.