Haiden Palmer scored a season-high 21 points to lead the Gonzaga women's team to a 54-40 victory over Portland State. The Zags are 8-2.
PORTLAND — Haiden Palmer scored a season-high 21 points to lead the Gonzaga women’s team to a 54-40 victory over Portland State on Friday night.
The score was tied at 23 at halftime, but the Zags (8-2) started the second half with a 16-4 run.
Angela Misa, a transfer from Oregon State, led the Vikings (5-2) with 12 points.
Gonzaga took almost five minutes to score, as it turned the ball over on six of its first eight possessions and missed its first two shots.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
- Helmet camera captured deadly Yosemite cliff jump
Most Read Stories
Sunny Greinacher of the Zags had a game-high nine rebounds and Gonzaga had a 43-32 advantage on the glass.
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Gennifer Brandon and Brittany Boyd scored 19 points apiece to help No. 11 California rout Cal State Bakersfield 84-46.
Cal (7-1) shot 51 percent. The Bears limited the Roadrunners (1-7) to 32 percent shooting.
Arizona State wins
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Micaela Pickens scored 15 points as Arizona State beat Providence 67-58.
Information from team reports is included in this roundup.