Sunny Greinacher contributed team highs of 16 points and eight rebounds to lead the Gonzaga women's team to a 65-50 victory over visiting Eastern Washington.
SPOKANE — Sunny Greinacher contributed team highs of 16 points and eight rebounds to lead the Gonzaga women’s team to a 65-50 victory over Eastern Washington before a crowd of 5,271 Tuesday night.
Haiden Palmer scored 12 points for the Zags (7-2), who took better care of the ball than the Eagles (2-5). Gonzaga made 10 turnovers, compared with 24 for Eastern Washington.
Eastern shot 41 percent from the field, compared with 38 percent for the Zags.
Lexie Nelson, a transfer from Montana, scored a game-high 19 points for the Eagles.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
Most Read Stories
At No. 8 Arizona 63,
Southern Mississippi 55
Nick Johnson scored 23 points, Kevin Parrom had 13 of his 14 in the second half, and the Wildcats (6-0) overcame a season-high 27 turnovers to get past the Golden Eagles (6-2).
Arizona forced the Golden Eagles into 17 second-half turnovers to pull away to its best start since opening the 1999-2000 season with six straight wins.
Neil Watson scored 17 points for Southern Miss, which led 35-27 at halftime.
Other Top 10 men
At No. 3 Michigan 73, Western Michigan 41
Trey Burke had 20 points on 8-for-11 shooting and seven assists as the Wolverines beat the Broncos (6-2). Michigan is 8-0 for the first time in 16 seasons.
No. 5 Louisville 80,
at College of Charleston 38
Wayne Blackshear scored 18 points to lead the Cardinals (7-1) past the Cougars (5-3).
Louisville guard Peyton Siva, a graduate of Franklin High School in Seattle, added 12 points.
Of Louisville’s defense, coach Rick Pitino said, “It’s the best we’ve looked this year.”
• No. 21 UNLV rallied to win 68-60 at Portland. Portland’s Ryan Nicholas, who is from Spokane, had 15 points and 19 rebounds.
• Ken Trickey, a former coach at Iowa State, Oral Roberts and other schools, died at age 79.