Eastern Washington wide receiver Brandon Kaufman was a unanimous first-team selection on the All-Big Sky Conference football team.
Eastern Washington receiver Brandon Kaufman was a unanimous first-team selection on the All-Big Sky Conference football team announced Tuesday.
Kaufman, a junior from Denver, was one of five Eagles named to the first team. The others were offensive tackle Will Post, linebacker Ronnie Hamlin, cornerback TJ Lee III and kicker Jimmy Pavel. Lee is from West Seattle.
Second-team selections from Eastern included offensive guard Steven Forgette, defensive end Jerry Ceja, linebacker Zach Johnson and safety Allen Brown.
Montana State had six first-team selections.
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Forecasters say gas prices are set to soar
- Thursday morning musings: Mel Kiper says Seattle pick "very difficult to predict right now''
Most Read Stories
• Eastern Washington’s men surrendered an 11-point halftime lead and lost 86-83 to Utah Valley in Santa Clara, Calif. Venky Jois had 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Eagles (0-4).
• Kelsey McKinnis scored 20 points as Puget Sound (2-1) notched a 74-57 women’s victory in Tacoma over Northwest University. Domi Mendezona scored 23 and Carly Davis had 15 rebounds for the Eagles (0-5).
Seattle Pacific forward Megan Lindsay was named to the Division II All-West Region women’s first team. Western Washington goalkeeper Jamie Arthurs, midfielder Brina Sych and forward Kristin Maris were also selected.
Garrett Anderson and Alex Hardy of Puyallup’s Emerald Ridge High School, Jack Meggs of Bellevue and Brandon Choate of Tacoma Community College are among 10 players signing letters of intent with Washington.
From sports-information reports.