The Eastern Washington football team, which hosts Towson in an FCS national semifinal playoff game on Saturday, had two players earn first-team All-American honors.
Redshirt freshman receiver Cooper Kupp and offensive lineman Ashton Miller were named Wednesday to The Associated Press and Walter Camp Foundation All-America teams. EWU quarterback Vernon Adams and cornerback T.J. Lee III made the second team.
The Eagles (12-2) have had 21 offensive linemen earn All-America accolades in the past 21 years.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Washington state GOP convention backs Cruz over Trump
- Philippine president-elect blasts Catholic church, bishops
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- UW surgeon, Harborview sued: Fatal surgeries used unapproved bone cement
Most Read Stories
• The Yakima Valley Pippins will be a new baseball team in the West Coast League in 2014. The WCL is a collegiate wood-bat league. Selah native Marcus McKimmy will coach the Pippins.
• Seattle University’s tennis teams signed four new players for the 2014-15 season: Michelle Lui (Bellevue), Madison Maloney, Sari Kwee, and Matt Alderson (Bainbridge Island).
• Seattle U soccer player Stephanie Verdoia was named to the NSCAA All-America third team.
• Western Washington soccer forwards Kristin Maris (Issaquah) and Andrew Weishaar (Puyallup) were named second-team All-Americans.
From sports-information reports.