Led by backup quarterback Jordan West, offensive squads rolled up seven scores and 472 yards as Eastern Washington wrapped up preseason football practices with a 58-play scrimmage Saturday.
Ranked by some as the No. 1 team in the Football Championship Subdivision, most EWU starters sat out the scrimmage and younger players received the majority of snaps.
“I was generally pleased with the big plays — there were some on both sides,” said Eastern coach Beau Baldwin after watching the offense score five touchdowns and kick two field goals, and the defense score on an interception return.
The Eagles open on ESPN against Sam Houston State on Aug. 23.
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Building with iconic Seattle P-I globe sold for $40M
Most Read Stories
• The Pac-12 All-Stars concluded their Chinese tour with a 71-68 victory over the Shanghai Sharks. Washington’s Andrew Andrews had seven points, two rebounds and one assist. DeVonte Lacy of Washington State finished with 10 points.
• Northwest University’s Kelsey Greene scored in the 84th minute to give the Eagles an opening day, 1-0 victory in women’s soccer over the University of British Columbia Okanagan.