Led by backup quarterback Jordan West, offensive squads rolled up seven scores and 472 yards as Eastern Washington wrapped up preseason football practices with a 58-play scrimmage Saturday.
Ranked by some as the No. 1 team in the Football Championship Subdivision, most EWU starters sat out the scrimmage and younger players received the majority of snaps.
“I was generally pleased with the big plays — there were some on both sides,” said Eastern coach Beau Baldwin after watching the offense score five touchdowns and kick two field goals, and the defense score on an interception return.
The Eagles open on ESPN against Sam Houston State on Aug. 23.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
Most Read Stories
• The Pac-12 All-Stars concluded their Chinese tour with a 71-68 victory over the Shanghai Sharks. Washington’s Andrew Andrews had seven points, two rebounds and one assist. DeVonte Lacy of Washington State finished with 10 points.
• Northwest University’s Kelsey Greene scored in the 84th minute to give the Eagles an opening day, 1-0 victory in women’s soccer over the University of British Columbia Okanagan.