Led by backup quarterback Jordan West, offensive squads rolled up seven scores and 472 yards as Eastern Washington wrapped up preseason football practices with a 58-play scrimmage Saturday.
Ranked by some as the No. 1 team in the Football Championship Subdivision, most EWU starters sat out the scrimmage and younger players received the majority of snaps.
“I was generally pleased with the big plays — there were some on both sides,” said Eastern coach Beau Baldwin after watching the offense score five touchdowns and kick two field goals, and the defense score on an interception return.
The Eagles open on ESPN against Sam Houston State on Aug. 23.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Suspect in attack on tourists arrested in downtown Seattle
Most Read Stories
• The Pac-12 All-Stars concluded their Chinese tour with a 71-68 victory over the Shanghai Sharks. Washington’s Andrew Andrews had seven points, two rebounds and one assist. DeVonte Lacy of Washington State finished with 10 points.
• Northwest University’s Kelsey Greene scored in the 84th minute to give the Eagles an opening day, 1-0 victory in women’s soccer over the University of British Columbia Okanagan.