CHENEY — Vernon Adams Jr. threw for 360 yards and five touchdowns to lead Eastern Washington to a 41-9 win over NAIA Montana Western on Saturday night.
Adams, who completed 27 of 30, threw 3 yards to Kendrick Bourne in the first quarter and fired 29 yards to Cory Mitchell and 55 yards to Shaq Hill in the second. He had a 30-yard pass to Mitchell and a 15-yard toss to Bourne in the third quarter before taking a seat.
The Bulldogs (1-1) got on the scoreboard late in the first half when offensive lineman Nick Brown booted a 34-yard field goal. Tyler Hulse threw 27 yards to George Sherwood for a third-quarter touchdown.
Mario Brown carried nine times for 108 yards and a touchdown for Eastern Washington (2-0). Hill caught six passes for 116 yards and a touchdown and Mitchell had 10 catches for 113 and two touchdowns.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law